Thursday, February 3, 2011

Woops!!! I forgot Grandma's Birthday!

I realized from someone's post on Facebook that I completely forgot my Grandma's birthday!  I admitted such on Facebook and my cousin Amy said, "Somebody's in trouble...".  She had to rub it in!

Grandma took pride in teaching her granddaughters the important things in life.  We spent one summer practicing our cursive handwritting, because she wanted her granddaughers to have the nicest handwriting in school.  This, of course, made my sister, Jami go into a melt down because she had absolutely horrible handwritting (and still does).  Grandma would have us over to help bake cookies, she would take us to the local ice cream shop, she would pay us to do odd jobs around the house and she was always sewing something for us.  I probably swept her carport for $5 more often than I ever cleaned my bedroom at home.  I still have the Care Bear that she sewed for me and a dress with my name on it.  

Grandma always had a player piano on her front porch.  All the grandkids loved to play it.  When I hear a song like, "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" or "I Love a Rainy Night" I can just feel the peddles of the piano under my feet.  I know the words to both of those songs by heart.  They always take me back to my childhood. 

I truly wish that Grandma didn't live 5 hours away from me, because I would love to hand deliver her card to her.  There's no love like a Grandma's love.

Happy birthday, Grandma.  Thank you for enriching my life and leaving me with so many precious memories!


7 comments:

  1. A sweet post. I think you might not be in trouble. Lucky you to have her in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very pretty card. Your grandma Clarice will love it, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY, you started a blog, it's FABULOUS!
    and so is this card!
    Happy birthday to your grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card...nice handmade flower, Traci!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need an "obsessed" blinkie (or whatever it's called)that says TEA instead of Twilight! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card, I love the colours that you've used.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful tribute to your grandmother! I agree, a grandmother's love is like no others!

    ReplyDelete